Software Test and Automation Engineer
EA Technology is an established company that provides high-quality products and services to power networks across the globe. We are recognised as a world-leading expert in our field, enabling our customers to manage their electricity networks more efficiently, with fewer failures and outages, greater safety and lower costs.
We’re now looking for Software Test and Automation Engineer to join our team in Capenhurst.
As a Software Test and Automation Engineer, you will use our current functional test plans, to produce and implement new test systems.
Working across all development projects, from project specification to customer deployments, you will design and implement robust test programs.
You will bring industry best practice, into our multi-discipline development team, as they seek to further adopt automated testing through Continuous Integration. Your knowledge will shape our test approach and processes, with a focus on continual quality improvement.
To be considered as a Software Test and Automation Engineer, you will need:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a previous Software Testing role
- Experience of setup and management of Continuous Integration projects
- Experience of leading a team of engineers
- Experience of using Docker to create and manage reproducible test environments
- Experience of designing and implementing automated and manual tests, to cover both module, sub-system and system-level testing, as well as integration and regression testing
- The ability to take project requirements and specify a test plan and strategy
- Confident in assembling and configuring different hardware devices such as signal generators and oscilloscopes as part of test setups
- Proficient in using the Python programming language for test scripting and automation
- Familiarity with software version control, bug tracking software and document management systems (Phabricator, SVN, Sharepoint etc)
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Understanding of unit tests
- An excellent knowledge of software test practices
- ISTQB foundation level qualification
Ideally, you will have a relevant Computer Science or Software focused degree, an Advanced Level ISTQB would also be advantageous.
- Salary between £32,000 - £38,000 (depending on experience)
- Competitive pension contribution
- Generous leave allowance
- Private medical care, life insurance and more
- The ability to tailor the package to individual preferences
- Flexible working environment
- Ongoing professional development
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented software development professional looking to join our exceptional development team.
Our organisation is at the cutting edge of accelerating the transition to energy decarbonisation. In this highly rewarding role, you will have the opportunity to engage and overcome a variety of exhilarating intellectual challenges, all of which will contribute to a better world.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in our established development team and push your intellectual curiosity as well as the horizon of your professional development, this is the perfect opportunity.
The role has the ability for some remote working but will require the successful candidate to spend a portion of their working week on site due to the need for test equipment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the split of their time between remote and on-site working week to week to deliver the expected output.
Other organisations might call this role Software Test Engineer, Automated Software Test Engineer, Test Automation Engineer, Software Test and Development Engineer or QA Engineer.
Webrecruit and EA Technology are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you can build an excellent testing culture in our development team as a Software Test and Automation Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.