Net-Zero Transition Team Opportunities
Headquartered in the UK, EA Technology’s operations and customers are global with four regional offices around the world. We originated in 1966 as a ground-breaking research and development organisation serving the electricity industry.
EA Technology’s mission is to promote the development of resilient, accessible, low cost energy networks globally, accelerating the transition to energy decarbonisation. The world is emerging from a global pandemic and shifting to really focus on the challenge of achieving Net Zero to ensure a sustainable future. In response to the climate emergency, we want to be at the heart of the drive to achieve Net Zero in the UK and beyond, focusing on working with key stakeholders globally to help make the energy system fit for the future.
Within our Consultancy business, we are looking for talented individuals, passionate about sustainability to join our rapidly growing Net Zero Transition team and work at the heart of innovation to ensure a sustainable future.
What we offer
We provide the perfect environment in which to take your career to new heights. As an expanding global enterprise, we can offer international career opportunities and possess an Investors in People Gold Award. Once you’re part of the EA Technology family, there will be opportunities both promotion and broadening, offering excellent long term career prospects.
Alongside a dynamic and rewarding working environment you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- 8% company pension contributions
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits including; private health care, life insurance, critical illness cover, income protection, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox company discounts
- Full support for flexible working arrangements
- Continued professional development and support towards professional registration such as Chartered Engineer
About the roles
Due to our rapidly growing pipeline of work we are looking to recruit a number of roles within the Net Zero Transition team and are looking for candidates interested in any of the following positions:
- Consultants / Senior Consultants
- Innovation Engineers
- Project Managers
You will be tasked with leading on the delivery of a number of innovative projects focused on transitioning the energy system to a Net Zero future. You’ll be involved in projects that demonstrate new technologies, commercial arrangements, operational processes or regulatory changes that help our clients play their part in a more sustainable future.
These roles will involve:
- Working with distribution networks, local planning authorities, generators, large energy users and research bodies
- Identifying innovative solutions to industry challenges and delivering projects to demonstrate their value
- Working with a diverse team to develop new concepts and approaches to accelerate decarbonisation
- Analysing, interpreting and presenting findings from large and dispersed datasets
- Representing our organisation at industry forums, working groups and conferences as well as client presentations
- Working closely with clients to provide expert advice based on strong engineering and scientific analysis
- Opportunities to learn and develop expertise across a range of projects
To learn more about some of our recent projects , copy and paste this link into your browser https://eatechnology.com/services/net-zero/net-zero-consultancy/net-zero-projects/ or visit the EA Technology website at https://eatechnology.com/
We are looking for enthusiastic people wanting to deliver a sustainable future while helping to accelerate the energy transition. To help us deliver our world leading projects you will need:
- An undergraduate or higher-level degree and/or qualification in an engineering / science or other numerical discipline
- Experience of working in the energy industry, typically with a distribution network, consultancy or energy industry innovator (applications from other backgrounds also welcomed)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Have a strong analytical skillset
- An understanding of the challenges facing the energy industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Most importantly, you will be passionate and excited by the opportunity to work across a broad range of challenging, innovating and rewarding projects all focussed on delivering our mission - "To promote the development of resilient, accessible, low cost energy networks globally, accelerating the transition to energy decarbonisation."
To hear from one of our recent recruits, please visit https://eatechnology.com/resources/videos-podcasts/meet-louise-guthrie-our-consultant-in-net-zero-transition/
Passionate about a sustainable future? Apply Today!