This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Software Engineer to join an established development team developing a wide range of innovative, exciting products for the Electricity Utility industry. Products include industry leading handheld instruments, desktop software, widescale deployment embedded systems and big data storage systems.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
The role will provide the successful candidate with exposure to the full product lifecycle and a chance to expand their engineering knowledge while maintaining focus on coding. With a range of handheld and remote monitor products the role will require capability across a wide range of technical areas including high speed sampling, data processing and cloud based communication and security. The current project technology is based around C++ and FreeRTOS, bare metal C and C++ upon Linux with all code executing upon our own bespoke hardware.
The successful candidate will collaborate with a mixed discipline team working an agile framework to create full commercial projects for the Energy Sector.
• Design and development of software solutions for embedded systems
• Bring up of firmware on new hardware platforms developed by EA Technology
• Implement software modules for communication with cloud services from embedded devices
• Deliver robust, reliable maintainable code in line with quality standard
Academic / Knowledge Required:
A relevant Computer Science or Engineering focused degree would be beneficial.
Special Aptitudes / Skills:
• Solid C skills
• Solid C++ skills with experience of C++ 11 and 14
• Experience of RTOS including FreeRTOS is essential
• Understanding of low-level protocols (SP1, I2C, RS232 etc) and proven history of implementation in solutions
• Proficient in the use of source control systems (SVN/git).
• Ability to understand integrated circuit data sheets and implement software interfaces according to the data sheet
• Experience of programming with ARM Cortex microprocessors
• Use of Keil development environment
• Experience of using Web APIs is highly desirable
• Experience using agile methodologies
• Experience working to quality standards