This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Software Tester to work as part of an agile team concentrating on consistent testing of the micro services, APIs and UIs produced by the data team.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work as part of an agile team concentrating on consistent testing of the micro services, APIs and UIs produced by the data team. The technology stack is C#, Azure and .NetCore, ReactJs with messaging interfaces to external data providers and consumers.
Throughout the process you will be required to follow the internal quality management system, build the test plans and ensure that all the required testing steps are completed and the results reported back to the team.
Reporting to the Head of Data, you will work within a multi skilled data team focused on delivering to deadlines and quality.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in providing thorough technical test plans and the implementation of automated UI testing and Unit tests. They will be self-motivated with strong team focus, and a keen eye for the details.
Academic / Knowledge Required:
• 5+ years experience.
Special Aptitudes / Skills:
• Strong experience writing unit tests in MSTest/xUnit/NUnit
• Strong experience with integration testing with services and hardware
• Great attention to detail and focus on producing quality user experiences.
• Strong experience with UI testing, specifically React Applications, with mulitple browsers and viewports.
• Ability to communicate why tests have failed and be able to guide development improvements
• Understanding if User Experience and drive improvements.
• Understanding of software architecture, such as API/microservice/Docker, and DevOps processes (CI/CD)
• Experience of MSSQL, Azure SQL, Cosmos Db, Neo4J and other Database systems are an advantage.
• Strong Experience with Azure Service Bus, Kubernetes and Microservice Architecture.
• Strong Experience with data platforms, handling and troubleshooting.
• Solid understanding of security standards in data handling.
• Experience with writing and maintaining unit tests.
• Design Patterns, OO and SOLID Design Principles, along with Quality Standards.
• Understanding of source control systems, branching and release methodologies.
• Understanding of rollout processes and rollout planning.
• Ability to analyse and write the test specifications and use DevOps to manage the tests.
• Take responsibility and ownership of projects & tasks.
• Good attention to detail and focus on producing quality software.
• Able to be flexible and determine changing priorities.