Electronics Design Engineer
To design, test and support world class products for long term, reliable field use including embedded software, operating platforms and apps.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
Working within a multidiscipline team you will be responsible for delivering the full life cycle of product development. Day to day activities will vary from discussing technical issues with customers through to detailed hardware and firmware design. Experience in project management is also advantageous.
The successful candidate will have strong electronics development skills, be an innovative problem solver and have relevant experience within product design.
3+ year’s relevant commercial experience.
Degree or Further Degree in Electronic Engineering or Equivalent
Skills / Experience
• Experience of full cycle product development (concept to adoption)
• Experience of electronic hardware design, including analogue, digital and preferably RF
• Experience of firmware development preferably using C
• FPGA design experience (preferably using VHDL)
• Experience of regulatory requirements, e.g. EMC, LVD etc
• Ability to estimate and deliver technical development to tight timescales
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes
• Self-motivated and capable of learning new technologies.
• Chartered Engineer or progress towards this status.
• Pragmatic, Measured and Focused approach to development.
• Take responsibility and ownership of projects & tasks.
• Able to be flexible and determine changing priorities.
• Some project management experience would be beneficial.
• Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.